Thursday, December 9, 2010

Our Christmas Tree

Decorated our Christmas Tree last weeekend.  It was fun when we helped Hank and Mandy decorate their tree a couple weeks ago. Hank  was following my philosophy. If you have a treasure and don't know what to do with it, put it on the Christmas tree.

I always cry when we decorate ours because each ornament or treasure holds a special memory. This year it was all Mom's elves and crosstitch ornaments she has made for us over the years, little treasures from Mexico and ornaments from other family and friends that got to me.

Adornamos nuestro arbol de Navidad la fin de semana pasada. Fue divertida cuando ayudamos a Hank y Mandy decorar su arbol hace dos semanas. Hank sigue mi filosofía. Si tienes teseros y no sabes que hacer con esos, pongalos en la arbol de Navidad.

Siempre lloro cuando adornamos el arbol porque cada decoración tiene un recuerdo especial. Éste año fue todo de los elfos y adornos de bordado de mi madre, tesoros de México y adornos de amigos y familia que me provoca lagrimas.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand. We have a lot of ornaments that do not make it onto the tree each year, but I can't bear to part with them because there are memories "attached". I love the Mexican influences I see in your posts. Have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete