The trip was a good excuse to cut out a couple new paper pieced projects. I have been wanting to do this for some time. This is what I started.
This is the jewel shape with 1"and 2"hexagons. Jewels could also be put together with 2"diamonds. It is a different look and kind of fun. I have a jelly roll of batik for the stars. I'm using a group of tie dyes for the hexagons.
This one is ties. Yes I'm finally using them! Design will be tumbling blocks. I need to rethink what I am doing a little bit. I thought I could use the lining on the ends of the ties for the solid top but I don't like the quality fabric so need to find more solid ties and or use the wider solid parts. I have been glue basting the diamonds as I cut them and this stabilizes the slippery fabric. It is working well.