Monday, July 4, 2011

Little Baskets - Cestas Poquitas

This is my entry for the 2011 Hoffman Cahllenge. I really didn't like the fabric selected at all. It seemed dark and dull to me plus I do not like gold on fabric. It just isn't my color. My goal was to brighten up the fabric and disguise it. Hexagons seemed just the ticket. I had a lot of fun fussy cutting them and then playing with how to arrange them. With more of the exact same hexagons I could have made 6 different baskets from each set just by turning them differently. Below are some close-ups so you can get a better look at some of the baskets and the quilting. I used traditional quilting rather than the big stitch I have been using lately. The baskets just seemed too delicate for the big stitch. Quilt is only 25.5 x 29.5 inches. I kind of enjoyed doing the challenge, my third since the beginning of April. Now I have to get busy and finish the next baby quilt and get back to my Mexico designs. So little time so much to do!




Here is what is left of the fabric. I needed a whole yard just to get the repeats I needed for the baskets.
-o0o-

Aquí está mí colcha para el Concurso Hoffman 2011. No me gusta la tela. Parece un poquito oscuro y opacada. No me gusta oro en la tela tampoco. Mí meta fue animar la tela y disfrazarla. Hexágonos parece un buen idea. Disfrutaba cortando los hexágonos y jugando con la colocación de cada uno. Con más hexágonos lo mismo podía hacer 6 cestas diferentes de cada grupo.

Abajo puedes ver unas detalles. La alcochaba en estilo tradicionál en vez de "big stitch" porque las cestas son un poquita delicada. La colcha es 25.5 x 29.5 pulgadas en total.

La meta fue divertida, la tercera desde al inicio de abril para me. Ahorita tengo que terminar otra colcha para bebe Lie y regresar a mis deseños Méxicanos. Tan poco tiempo y mucho que quiero hacer.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun project! I love the use of the hexagons as the base for the basket. It's hard to tell what the fabric really looked like with all the hexagons cut out. At first I thought that was part of the pattern until I realized it was the holes I was seeing. I agree, too little time, too many projects in the mind!

    ReplyDelete