Monday, March 7, 2011

9-patch Posies

While reading a friend's blog at loisarnold.blogspot.com  I was reminded of this quilt finished in 2001. It is all made of old scraps. The diagonal set of the 9-patches and the big stitch quilting give it a more contemporary look. My friend Jo  at joquilterblog.blogspot.com hand quilted it for me. It was her first big stitch quilt and I think sold us both on big stitch quilting.

Lois' quilt is a scrappy 4 patch with dark bricks in between so it is much darker but another fun way to use scraps. Now I just need to accumulate some scraps. I have none at the moment.

Saw my first robin of the year yesterday. Spring must be on the way!





Mientras leía el blog de una amiga loisarnold.blogspot.com recordé éste colcha de 2001. Todo es de pedazos. El arreglo en diagonal y el alcochando en puntadas grandes hacen la colcha muy contemporáneo. Mi amiga, Jo, la alcochó para mi. Estaba su primero colcha alcochaba en éste manera. Creyo que despues de eso nos gusta éste técnica mucho.

La colcha de Lois es de pedazos también, en vez de 9- patches ella usa 4-patches y ladrillos en colores oscuros. La colcha de ella es más oscuro. Ahora necesito acumularme más pedazos. Al momento no tengo nada.

Yo ví el primer petirrojo del año, ayer. La primavera viene.

2 comments:

  1. Lorinda, I love your 9 patch posies! I'm having a hard time thinking you have no scraps, though. I have been cutting my leftover pieces into strips and squares and have enough to make several quilts I'm sure just using those. Of course, you worked with wool a lot rather than cotton. Just buy a few fat quarters and cut them into strips and you have instant scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit surprised too! I took my scrap tub to Mexico, expanded it there quite a bit and then sent it to a good home in Mexico City. I haven't finished enough projects in the scant year I have been home to acquire many scraps though I do have several projects in the works that will generate some soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete