Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Remembering Mom - Un Recuerdo de mi Madre


Today is the one year anniversary of Mom's death. She had a stroke the afternoon of the 22nd and died during the night. It is one of those days that I remember vividly and I'm grateful I had the opportunity to talk to her briefly that morning. Hard to believe it has been one year, especially when I think of all the things that have happened in the intervening year. Mom never quilted but she did cross stitch. This is the last cross stitch Mom made for me. Unfortunately she didn't sign or date it like she usually does but it was probably 2008.

It has been a year of loss and remembrance and healing for me and today I have my home filled with flowers and friends. The Woolie group is coming this evening for their monthly meeting and that has been nice to look foreward to. The only thing lacking are my good friends from Mexico who gave me so much support at the time of Mom's death and throughout our time in Mexico.

Hoy es el aniversario de la muerte de mi madre. Ella tenía un ataque de apoplejía el 22 de Febrero por la tarde y murio durante la noche. Es uno de los días que yo recuerdo vívidamente. Estoy muy agradecido que tenía la oportunidad to hablar por teléfono con ella ese manaña. Es dificil creer que un año ha pasado especialmente cuando pienso en todos las cosas que ocurría durante ese año. Mi madre nunca hace colchas pero borda. Éste es la ultima bordado que mi madre hacía para mí. Desafortunadamente no tiene una firma ni un fecha. Creyo que está de 2008.

Éste año ha estado un año de pérdidas, recuerdos y curación para mí y hoy tengo mi casa lleno de flores y amigas. El grupo de amigas que cose con lana va a venir esta noche. La unico cosa que me falta ésta noche es mi buenas amigos de México que me dan tan apoyo cuando mi madre murió y durante todo de nuestro tiempo en México.

1 comment:

  1. Losing parents is hard! Since Mom was a quilter, too, I am blessed to have some of her quilts and also some of her quilting and sewing equipment, like her sewing box and some thimbles. I hope you had fun with the Woolie group. I'm taking Wednesday off as I have a dentist appointment and meeting my two closest friends here for lunch. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete