Thursday, January 6, 2011

My "New" Studio


At long last you can see my "new" studio. It still needs a little more fine tuning and picking up but this is probably about as good a picture as I will get. I promised myself I wouldn't start any projects until everything was perfectly clear but yesterday as I was tackling a pile on my counter top I ended up getting out fabric and designing and cutting and before I knew it it was getting messy. I had to do a little putting away this morning to be able to take these pictures. Note the nice new carpet on the floor. I love the burgundy color but it does show every little thread.

I'm going to spend both Saturday and Sunday sewing with two different groups of friends so I need to get out some projects and decide what to take where. It is a snowy/rainy grey day here today. I'm thinking about projects with bright warm Mexican colors and themes. This is going to be my year to make quilts with Mexico themes and remember great friends and adventures.

Finalmente puedes ver mi "nuevo" estudio. Todavía necesito ponerlo en orden más pero éste probablemente está tan bueno como estaré. Me hice una promesa que yo no empezaría ningun proyecto hasta que todo esté perfecto pero ayer cuando trate de organizar una montón de cosas empece deseñar y cortar tela. Antes de realizarlo tenía desorden. Tuve que arreglarlo unpoquito otra vez éste mañana. Note bien mi nueva alfombra. Me gusta el color de vino roja pero demonstra todos los hilos que cayen allí.

Voy a passar Sabado y Domingo cosiendo con dos grupos de amigas. Necesito decidir lo que quiero hacer, que proyectos. Hoy hace frio y gris con nieve y lluvia. Estoy pensando de proyectos con colores y temas allegro y caliente de México. Éste año va a ser mi año de coser colchas de México, recuerdos de amigos y adventuras muy agradables. 

1 comment:

  1. It is beautiful! I'm so jealous. My studio is messy and I don't know when I'll have time to spend any time in there cleaning. Being gone 13 hours a day certainly cuts into the time for creativity much less clean up after!

    ReplyDelete