Sunday, January 2, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR - PROSPERO AÑO NUEVO

We spent a quiet New Year's Eve at home. I stayed awake until midnight but just barely. We forgot the Mexican custom of eating a dozen grapes for good luck before the clock strikes 12. Hope that isn't a bad omen.  We shoveled snow twice today. I think Missoula has had more snow this year than any of the previous 9 we have been here and more snow is forecast for every day this week.

I finished laying the carpet tiles in my studio yesterday. It is looking nice. As soon as I get the clutter put away I'll take more pictures. I did some rearranging and like how things are shaping up. Now to just get the last few things put away and start sewing!

Pasamos Nochevieja muy tranquilo en casa. Fue despierto hasta medianoche pero apenas. Olvidamos la tradición Méxicana de comer un docena de uvas para suerte buena. Ojalá que no sea un mal augurio. Hoy movemos nieve con palos 2 veces. Creyo que Missoula tiene más nieve éste año que todos los otros años que vivimos aquí y más nieve es el pronóstico para todos los días de éste semana.

Terminé el trabajo de poner alfombra en mi estudio ayer. Quedan bien. Tan pronto como puedo poner todas mis cosas en orden tomaré más fotos. Arreglaba las muebles un poquito diferente y me la gusta. Un poquito más y puedo coser!

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting excited to see the new studio! And I know you are excited to get it done and start working in it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you! I'm sure your studio will be wonderful when you get things put in place. Want to come clean up mine? lol I was awake at Midnight trying to get two grandkids to go to sleep! Ten years since we wrote our books -- doesn't seem like that long!

    ReplyDelete